Asparagus Salad with Eggs, Prosciutto and Manuka Honey Vinaigrette
A flavorful and refreshing side item perfect for springtime.
- 24 stalks (or about 1 1/2 pounds) asparagus
- 1 shallot
- 3 large eggs (soft or hard boiled)
- 5 slices prosciutto
Manuka Honey Vinaigrette
- 1/8 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil (evoo)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp tarragon
- Put a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and place next to the stove.
- Boil the asparagus until it's bright green and just tender (about three minutes). Immediately transfer to the ice water with a slotted spoon.
- Add eggs to the boiling water and cook for six and a half minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the asparagus and use a clean kitchen towel to pat it dry.
- Transfer the eggs to the ice water and let stand until cool.
- Combine tarragon, vinegar, mustard, Manuka Honey, garlic, pepper and salt into a blender. Process until the tarragon is finely chopped. With the motor running, drizzle in oil through the feed tube and process until creamy.
- Cut the eggs in half. Arrange the asparagus and eggs on a large platter and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Top with shallot, prosciutto, basil and/or tarragon.
Shopping in Canada? Your favorite Wedderspoon products, including the Manuka Honey used in this recipe, are available in our Canadian online store.