Broccoli Salad with Avocado Dressing
Our Broccoli Salad is a light, fresh and crunchy alternative to the usual, classic salad you take for lunch. Drizzled in Avocado Dressing, it's tangy and tart with just the right amount of sweet, thanks to a bit of Manuka Honey. Spice up your usual bag lunch or dinner side dish with this salad.
- 1 large broccoli head, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 scallions, diced
- 1 large bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add the broccoli florets into the food processor and pulse to obtain a nice texture.
- Heat the coconut oil into a cast iron skillet, add the garlic and cook for a minute over low heat.
- Add the broccoli rice and cook for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and set aside.
- Add the avocado, lemon juice, Wedderspoon Manuka honey and two tablespoons of chopped parsley into the food processor and pulse to obtain a creamy avocado mixture.
- Transfer the broccoli to a large bowl, together with the remaining parsley, cucumber, hemp hearts and scallions, and mix well to combine.
- Add the avocado cream and mix again before serving.
Shopping in Canada? Your favorite Wedderspoon products, including the Manuka Honey used in this recipe, are available in our Canadian online store.