Chocolate Chia Mousse
What's decadent, naturally sweetened and protein-rich? Our Chocolate Chia Mousse, of course! This delicious and easy-to-make dessert will certainly fill you up and satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Coconut Plant-Based Beverage (we used unsweetened vanilla)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt
- Optional: 1 scoop of protein powder of collagen
- In a bowl, whisk together the chia seeds, Pacific Foods Coconut Plant-Based Beverage, cocoa powder, Manuka Honey, vanilla extract and himalayan sea salt.
- Transfer the chia seed mixture into a blender and blend on high powder until smooth and creamy. It's helpful to scrape down the sides of the blender once or twice in between blending to help thoroughly mix everything up.
- Taste and add more Manuka Honey if a sweeter mousse is desired.
- Spoon the mousse into six serving bowls.
- Cover and chill for two hours, or overnight.
- If you want more of an ice cream texture, freeze mousse for 30 minutes to an hour and serve immediately after removing from freezer.
- The mousse can be stored in the freezer. Remove 30 minutes before serving.
Shopping in Canada? Your favorite Wedderspoon products, including the Manuka Honey used in this recipe, are available in our Canadian online store.