Dairy-Free Tangy Key Lime Pie
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp Weddderspoon Manuka honey
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- A generous dash of sea salt
- 1 cup soaked & drained cashews
- 1 can coconut cream (refrigerated, and remove only the cream, not the liquid)
- 1/2 cup key lime juice (adjust amount depending on how sweet or tart you want pie to be)
- 1/4 cup key lime zest
- 3 tbsp Wedderspoon Manuka honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- A dash of sea salt
- To make the crust: Preheat oven to 350°F and line the bottom of a pie pan with parchment paper. Spray coconut oil on top and bottom of paper.
- Pulse all ingredients except oil together in food processor. Once combined, add 1 tbsp of oil at a time until mixture holds together when smushed between your fingers. If it is still crumbling, add more oil.
- When mixture is desired consistency, press evenly into the pie pan; the mix should go up the sides of the pan to hold the filling. Bake for about 12 minutes or until crust begins to puff a little. Let cool completely.
- Optional: Rather than baking crust, it can be frozen until set, however, this method will not caramelize the honey.
- To make the filling: Pulse cashews and coconut cream together in food processor. Gradually add in the key lime juice until desired sourness is achieved. Add in zest and vanilla, followed by honey, to add desired sweetness. Next, add coconut oil and continue to pulse until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Remove mixture from food processor and put into cooled crust. Freeze for at least one hour. Take out of freezer 30-40 minutes before serving.
- If you prefer to serve pie in a more frozen, key lime bar type of consistency, allow less thaw time.