Ginger Turmeric Butternut Squash Soup
If the cold weather is getting to you, our Ginger Turmeric Butternut Squash Soup is just what you need. Warm and savory, this recipe will have you feeling cozy and full on a chilly day.
- 1 butternut squash, cooked
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, saute the ginger, garlic and onion in olive oil over medium heat until softened (about 3 minutes).
- Add the stock; bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked butternut squash.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Season with salt, pepper and turmeric.
- Use a blender to blend to a smooth consistency. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
- Serve topped with sour cream, a drizzle of Manuka Honey and parsley.