Gluten and Dairy-Free Fudge Brownies
Not sure what Valentine's Day treat you can give a loved one who has dietary restrictions? Our Gluten and Dairy-Free Fudge Brownies are just the thing! These brownies also make a great school party snack.
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 2 eggs or 2 flax eggs*
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp GF oat flour
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Optional: 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced into hearts
- Optional: Simple Mills vanilla frosting
- Valentine's Day sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- If using flax eggs*, whisk together 2 tbsp flax meal and 6 tbsp water and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar and melted coconut oil. Continue to whisk until mixture resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in increments until shiny and smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla extract, eggs and salt until well combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the oat flour. There should be no clumps when you are done mixing.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a scoop, drop a little more than 1 tbsp of batter into each muffin cup. Shake pan to ensure batter is even. Repeat.
- Bake for 12 to 26 minutes. Cool for at least one hour before decorating with icing, strawberries or sprinkles.