Gluten-free Cranberry Shortbread Cookies with Manuka Honey Glaze
Whether you're serving them at a holiday party or gifting them as a homemade holiday gift in an adorable tin, our Cranberry Shortbread Cookies dipped in Manuka Honey Glaze are sure to please. Plus, they're gluten-free!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped, then measured
Manuka Honey Glaze
- 1 package white melting chocolate (melted)
- 1 tsp Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 1 tsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt to combine, and then set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (or, in a large bowl used with an electric mixer) beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes of mixing). Add orange peel and orange juice, beating until well combined.
- Next, add the flour mixture, beating on low until just incorporated.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Drop cookie dough by the rounded spoonful (we recommend 1.5 oz), spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven until the bottoms and edges start to turn golden brown (about 12 to 14 minutes).
- Remove and allow to cool for several minutes before moving to cooling rack to cool completely.
- When cookies are cooled, combine all glaze ingredients and dip one side of the cookies into the glaze.
- Allow the glaze to harden or stick in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
A tin of homemade cookies and a favorite Wedderspoon item make a great holiday gift! Shop our Gift Guide for deals on some of our most popular products.