Manuka Honey Chocolate Football Apples
Everyone will be reaching for seconds of this yummy treat this Super Bowl Sunday, so you may want to make an extra batch!
- 4 granny smith apples
- Juice of one lemon or 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate chips or bakers chocolate
- 3 tbsp Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tube of white icing
- Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave, depending on the type of chocolate you are using.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add Manuka Honey, vanilla and sea salt. Mix well.
- Slice apples into wedges and place in bowl; soak in lemon or pineapple juice to prevent them from oxidizing.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper; coat with a layer of cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Using a fork, place an apple slice in the chocolate until coated.
- Allow excess chocolate to drip off before transferring to the baking sheet.
- Repeat for the remaining apple slices.
- Once the chocolate has hardened on the apples, use white icing to create the laces of a football.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.