Superfood Cacao Nut Butter Latte with Manuka Honey
Lattes are a very popular morning drink, worldwide. Latte flavors are truly endless, and change by the season. It's fun to become your own little barista at home and experiment with ingredients and flavors. Do you like to come up with your own recipes, find recipes online, or, recreate flavors from your favorite cafes? Maybe it's a combination of all three!
Depending on the ingredients used, a latte can be more or less healthy. Some recipes call for sugar and calorie-filled ingredients, which can be nice sometimes, as a treat, but, may not be ideal to enjoy very often.
But, how can you make a latte healthier and more filling? Well, let us tell you! Use natural sweeteners and flavors, rather than artificial. And, to make your latte a bit more filling and energizing...that's where a nut butter comes in! Not only does nut butter make lattes super creamy and delicious, but, it also adds vitamins, minerals and heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. That sounds like a latte you can get on board with, right?
Our Superfood Cacao Nut Butter Latte is just what you're looking for. It's paleo-friendly, dairy-free and also free of refined sugar. It's thick, creamy, frothy and truly delicious! The combination of cacao, chocolate, nut butter and Manuka Honey make for a decadent flavor.
This recipe calls for few ingredients and takes just a couple minutes to whip up, so it's totally feasible, even on busier mornings.
You can enjoy this latte hot or iced, so, it's not confined to just one season! Enjoy it in the winter, summer, and anytime in between! Though, in our opinion, we think the hot version of this latte would really hit the spot on a chilly winter morning. It would warm you up and get you ready for the day!
Pair this latte with a favorite breakfast item, like avocado toast or an sandwich and you'll feel like you picked breakfast up from a cafe, rather than your own kitchen.
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of Sproud plant-based milk (unsweetened, or original or barista)
- 1 tablespoon of JOYA Bliss cacao elixir blend
- 1 to 2 squares of JOYA chocolate (70% dark or coconut milk)
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of Ground Up Cinnamon Snickerdoodle or Coconut Cardamom nut butter (the more nut butter, the creamier the latte)
- 1 teaspoon (or more, if desired) or Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- Heat the milk on your stovetop, or in the microwave, until it comes to a simmer.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until completely smooth and frosty.
- Take a sip of the mixture to see if you would like to adjust the flavor at all by adding more Manuka Honey.
- Once satisfied with the flavor and sweetness, pour it into your favorite mug and enjoy!
We suggest adding a little drizzle of Manuka Honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top of your latte, once it's poured, to really give it that fancy, cafe-made appearance.
Looking for other drinks to add into your breakfast rotation? Try our Vibrant Citrus Immunity Smoothie, Sweet and Fluffy Whipped Manuka Honey Matcha Latte or Orange Cranberry Detox Drink.
Wedderspoon Manuka Honey is pantry staple, so make sure you don't run out! Stock up on your favorites.
Shopping in Canada? Your favorite Wedderspoon products, including the Manuka Honey used in this recipe, are available in our Canadian online store.