Wedderspoon is a proud partner of the Rodale Institute, a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization, dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. Wedderspoon supports Rodale’s “Your 2 Cents Program”, an inventive program which unites producers, consumers, researchers and educators to launch the next generation of organic farmers.
Additional Your 2 Cents Funding supports:
• Students of organic agriculture
• New organic farmers
• Veterans establishing careers in organic farming
• Research projects on organic agriculture
Wedderspoon also supports the Honeybee Conservancy at Rodale Institute by sponsoring a beehive. The Honeybee Conservancy was started in 2012 in response to the major health problems that have decimated the honeybee population in North America. Colony collapse disorder (CCD) still results in a 30% death rate every winter for these valuable pollinators with no answer in sight. They believe that individual honeybee stewards are one of the solutions to this problem.
The Conservancy promotes healthy beekeeping practices through education and outreach and includes:
• Classes in sustainable beekeeping practices
• Hive hosting on its 333-acre organic farm
• Support for beginners through the network