An easy to make, grab-and-go bitesize snack that's perfect for the beach or a summer bbq.
- 80 g dried pinapple
- 4 oz coconut flakes (unsweetened), plus an extra 2 oz for toasting
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 230 g roasted cashews
- 4 tbsp Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add cashews to food processor and grind until they're finely chopped (about 30 seconds).
- Add in the coconut; continue to blend until the coconut is finely chopped as well.
- Cut up pineapple into small chunks before adding to food processor.
- Add vanilla, salt, protein powder and Manuka Honey.
- Blend until a dough is formed.
- Scoop out the dough and chill for about 10 minutes to allow it to firm.
- Scoop about on tablespoon of dough out and roll it into a ball. Repeat for the remaining dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place remaining coconut shred on baking sheet and toast for one to two minutes or until it starts to brown. Set aside and allow it to cool.
- Take the dough balls out of the fridge and one by one, roll in the toasted coconut until coated.
- Pack up the covered dough balls into a cooler to take to the beach or a bbq, or store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Leave a comment