Poached Pears in Honey, Ginger, & Cinnamon Syrup
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 3 cups sparkling cider/ or apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons of Wedderspoon Organic Rata Honey
- 1 (3/4 inch piece) of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 6 small, firm, ripe Anjou or Bosc pears, peeled and cored
- Vanilla ice cream or gelato
- In a saucepan large enough to hold all the pears, combine the sugar with 1 ½ cups of water, bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Add apple juice, cinnamon stick, Wedderspoon Organic Rata Honey, and ginger. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and add to saucepan.
- Add the pears and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 – 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until the pears are tender when pierced with a small knife. Remove the pears from the liquid and allow them to cool. Continue to simmer the liquid until it thickens and is reduced at least by half, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool slightly and add honey, stir until the honey is dissolved and cool to room temperature. Discard cinnamon sticks and vanilla bean.
- Place each pear on a small serving plate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or gelato. Drizzle with the poaching syrup. Serve Immediately.