Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad
This fresh and flavorful pasta salad recipe is sure to be a hit at any summer barbecue or party.
- 1 box chickpea penne
- 1 large mozzarella ball, cubed
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- 2 zucchinis cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 pint of baby portobellos
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil, and more for cooking
- 1 tbsp Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- Either grille the zucchini and mushrooms or roast them on lined, grated baking tray (don't forget non-stick spray!). If roasting, roast at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Follow instructions on the pasta box to appropriate cook penne.
- When pasta is finished, add it to a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Add roasted veggies, red peppers, mozzarella and raisins. Toss well.
- Slice onion and chop garlic.
- Heat skillet and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add garlic and onion to skillet, along with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the onions have softened, add balsamic. Stir occasionally. As mixture begins to bubble and reduce to a syrup, remove from heat and pour over pasta salad. Toss the pasta to combine.