Honey BBQ Pasta Salad
- Salt, for taste
- 16 oz elbow pasta
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 package bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 3 tsp dried chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- Bring four quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add one tbsp salt and pasta and cook pasta until just al dente. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water until cool, then drain again briefly, so the pasta remains somewhat moist; transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat a large skillet, add chopped bacon and onions. Once onions have softened, add Wedderspoon Manuka Honey. Cook until the bacon is dark and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Into the bowl of pasta, stir in red pepper, celery, green onions, vinegar, chili powder, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Let sit for a few minutes to allow flavors to absorb.
- Stir in hot sauce, mayo and bbq sauce. Add bacon and onion to mixture. Check seasoning and adjust if desired. Serve warm or cold.