Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars
An all-natural, homemade granola bar perfect for a mid-day snack, school lunches, or parties.
- 1/2 cup Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup trail mix (or 1/3 cup honey roasted peanuts, 1/3 cup peanut butter chips and 1/3 cup craisins or other dehydrated fruit of your choice)
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly, optional
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips, optional
- Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add peanut butter to a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 60 seconds. Remove and stir in Manuka Honey to combine.
- Pour oats into a medium bowl and coat with peanut butter and honey mixture. Add rice cereal and stir to incorporate.
- Mix in one cup trail mix and gently fold in.
- Press mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan and refrigerate for at least one hour or until set.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into 12 bars (close to the size of granola bars, or any size you prefer).
- To create the pattern, heat jelly for 30 seconds in the microwave. Scoop into a small ziploc bag and cut off one corner. Pipe in desired pattern across the bars. Repeat with peanut butter chips. Return bars to the fridge for 10 minutes or until jelly and peanut butter set.
- Note that these bars will keep for up to one week in the fridge or up to two months in the freezer.