Pumpkin Spice Donuts with Manuka honey Brown Butter Glaze
A delicious, seasonal treat served best straight out of the oven on a crisp fall day. But, beware, once you try these homemade donuts, you'll never be able to go back to store-bought!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 scoops Garden of Life vanilla protein
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 oz plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 1 oz almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray your donut pan with non-stick spray. (You can also bake these in a muffin pan)
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, yogurt and Manuka Honey.
- Add in protein and coconut flour and mix until there are no clumps remaining.
- Add in remaining donut ingredients and continue to mix. Your mixture should be fluffy and sponge-like.
- Divide the batter into your molds.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- While the donuts bake, heat a small skillet. Add butter and keep on medium heat. Brown the butter, but keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- Remove from the heat and pour the butter into a small bowl (but large enough to dip the donuts in).
- Allow the butter to cool before adding the Manuka Honey so it does not interfere with the raw properties. Then, add the pumpkin pie spice as well, and mix well.
- When the donuts are done baking, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully dip the tops of the donuts into the glaze.
- Allow them to set on the donut pans or on a plate.
- Serve immediately or store in air tight container in fridge.