Raw Apple Pie Energy Bites
Here's a recipe that'll get you even more excited to go apple picking! Our Raw Apple Pie Energy Bites are bite-sized, delicious, protein-filled snacks that'll give you that extra boost of energy you need on the go or during a busy day around the house.
- 2 organic apples (we used Gala apples)
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 1 scoop protein powder
- Roughly chop the dates and add them to the food processor.
- Add walnuts, cinnamon, 1/4 cup oats, flax meal, almond butter, Manuka Honey, protein and salt.
- Pulse for about 1 minute until everything is finely chopped.
- Core the apple (no need to peel it) and grate it into the mixture.
- Pulse the food processor a few times to mix in the apple.
- Mix in the rest of the oats by hand.
- Cover the mixture and chill for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll into balls using about 1 rounded tablespoon size each.
- Optional: roll in cinnamon + sugar mix ( or stevia, coconut sugar, brown sugar)
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days.
Leave a comment