Spinach Pancakes with Fresh Fruit and Manuka Honey Topping
Looking for a painless way to get some extra greens into the kiddos' diets? Sneak some spinach into their pancakes! Our Spinach Pancakes are so yummy, especially when topped with fresh fruit and Manuka Honey, that they won't mind! A great breakfast option for both children and adults, these pancakes will likely become a staple on your weekly menu
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Handful of fresh spinach
- 1 serving vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- A little water, as needed
- Fresh cut fruit (we recommend strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and banana)
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend/mix until smooth. Be careful not to add too much water, because this will cause the pancakes to be less fluffy and not cook as well.
- Let the batter sit for 5 to 10 minutes. While it's sitting, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray and then begin scooping the batter into the pan to form 6 small pancakes. Vary the size if you'd like. (This amount of batter should either make 3 large pancakes, 4 to 5 medium pancakes, or 6 small pancakes).
- Let the pancakes cook until there are some bubbles in the batter and they begin to look fluffy and cooked around the edges.
- Flip and cook for another few minutes.
- Top with Manuka Honey, fresh fruit, nuts, seeds or your other favorite pancake toppings.
Are you shopping in Canada? Visit our Canadian online storefront here.