Caramel Pumpkin Cream Chocolate Bars
A seasonal treat so tasty, you'll want to eat this all year round! These bars combine all the best flavors of the season--pumpkin, cinnamon and chocolate.
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar, ground in a coffee grinder
- 3 tbsp Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup melted warm coconut butter
- 3 tbsp melted warm coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter (sunflower butter or tahini, if nut-free)
- 1/2 tbsp melted coconut butter
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp hot water
- Note: You can omit the caramel layer if you prefer)
- 3 to 4 cups dark chocolate, chopped.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Stir all pumpkin center ingredients together in a bowl until well-combined and smooth. We recommend adding them to the bowl in the order that they're listed above so the oil and butter are added last and stay warm.
- Spread the mixture onto a parchment paper-lined 8x8 pan.
- Chill in the freezer while making caramel.
- Whisk all caramel ingredients together until smooth. Spread on top of the pumpkin center. You will need to spread quickly (using a mini offset spatula), as the mixture will start to firm up.
- Transfer the pan to the freezer and chill for at least four hours.
- Once bars are firm, remove from freezer and cut them up.
- Add chocolate and oil (no oil if using basic raw chocolate) to a heat-proof bowl. Set over a pot of hot water on the stove and gently melt on low heat. Dip the bars into chocolate and transfer to parchment paper-lined tray.
- Let them set in the fridge until firm (likely about 20 minutes).