The Ultimate Harvest Salad with Manuka Honey dressing
This ultimate Healthy Harvest Salad recipe was created by Rachel Mansfield of RachlMansfield.com and we're so excited to share it with you! It's the perfect fall dish - filled with seasonal fruits and flavor.
A blend of delicious and nutrient-dense ingredients make this salad crisp, crunchy, and the perfect amounts of tart and sweet. Pumpkin seeds, pecans give it that crunch you crave, and cooked delicata squash makes it feel perfectly appropriate for the season.
Pomegranate Cinnamon Dressing combines fall flavors - pomegranate (or cranberry, if you choose) and cinnamon - with apple cider vinegar and Wedderspoon Manuka Honey to create a delectable combination. Manuka Honey adds a bit of sweetness to this otherwise tart dressing.
This salad isn't called the Ultimate Harvest Salad for no reason! It's filling, delicious and easy to make. It's perfect as a side salad, or as a wholesome meal if you choose to add protein. Take your classic (and, maybe a bit boring) salad recipe up a notch with this one that is sure to please the family. It's got got toppings galore, and, let's be real, the more toppings the better!
- 12 ounces organic shredded kale
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 large apple or 2 smaller apples, sliced
- 1 delicata squash
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Shredded goat cheese, gouda, or your cheese of choice
- Optional: add in protein, like roasted chicken
Pomegranate Cinnamon Dressing
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice (if you can't find this, cranberry juice will work, too)
- 2 tablespoons Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey
- 2 tablespoons Wedderspoon apple cider vinegar with Manuka Honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the delicata squash into small rounds and season with cinnamon and drizzle with avocado oil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until softened.
- In a large bowl, gently massage the kale with a little oil and fresh squeezed lemon, if desired, to make less bitter.
- Once the squash is cooked, slice it into smaller pieces and add to a bowl with the kale and all other salad mix-ins. Toss well.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small mason jar or bottle and mix well.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing on top of the salad and serve!
This salad can be stored in the fridge for up to five days, making it a great option to add into your weekly meal prep rotation, or, to prepare early for a holiday meal. Just be sure to save the salad dressing for when you're ready to serve, so that the salad doesn't get soggy!
If you want to add some protein to this salad and take it from a side dish to a filling meal, consider adding your protein of choice, like chicken, or a vegan protein option. To make this a vegetarian meal, simply omit the cheese, or, opt for your favorite vegan cheese.
Do you have leftover delicata squash? Try our Stuffed Delicata Squash recipe! Looking for other recipes to pair this salad with? Or, perhaps you have extra pumpkin seeds? We've got a recipe for that, too! Our Savory Roasted Pumpkin Seed recipe is absolutely delicious!
Wedderspoon Manuka Honey is pantry staple, so make sure you don't run out! Stock up on your favorites.
Shopping in Canada? Your favorite Wedderspoon products, including the Manuka Honey used in this recipe, are available in our Canadian online store.