Healthy Homemade Peanut Butter M&Ms with Raw Manuka Honey
Chocolate and peanut butter....the ultimate pair! When shopping for Halloween candy, options with these two flavors are likely on your list. Rather than buying, why not try making some at home? Using your favorite peanut butter, Raw Wedderspoon Manuka Honey, and other natural ingredients, you can easily whip up a delicious chocolate peanut butter candy, and we'll tell you how!
This Healthy Homemade Peanut Butter M&Ms recipe was created by Rachel Mansfield of RachlMansfield.com and we're so excited to pass it along to you! M&Ms are a favorite of many, and this version ensures that you can enjoy your treat guilt-free.
These homemade M&Ms are full of flavor. Rich, chewy and delicious...they'll melt right in your mouth. The peanut butter paired with dark chocolate, Raw Manuka Honey and dates create the most perfect sweet and salty taste, perfect to satisfy any craving. They're a little larger than average M&Ms, so a few go a long way.
Calling for minimal ingredients and simple recipe steps that take less an hour and a half or so to complete, including setting time, this is a no-stress recipe you will enjoy making. You likely already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen and pantry, too. It's easy to follow and not too messy - meaning you can have the kiddos help out without needing to clean the kitchen floor to ceiling afterwards!
These candies are the perfect treat by themselves. Or, you can pair them with your favorite wine, or, even mix them into a bowl with peanuts, pretzels and dried fruit to make a trail mix snack.
These homemade M&Ms would also make a perfect Halloween treat. Place a handful of them in a festive bag and tie a spooky note to it before handing out or sharing with friends!
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter (make sure it's mixed well and not too oily, or the consistency of the candy will be off)
- 10 to 12 pitted dates (softened)
- 2 tablespoons Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate gems
- In a food processor, blend together the peanut butter, dates, Manuka Honey and coconut flour until a dough of sorts begins to form.
- Line a small baking tray or large cutting board with parchment paper and begin rolling the M&Ms by scooping about 1 teaspoon of the dough mixture into a ball. Place each M&M ball onto the baking tray.
- Repeat for the remaining dough.
- Place baking tray in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes so the M&Ms can firm up.
- Melt the dark chocolate and gently dip each M&M into it using a form. Make sure to shake of wipe off any excess chocolate so that it's not too thick. A spoon is helpful for this step.
- Place each dipped M&M on the baking tray and place in the fridge for another 30 minutes to harden.
- Enjoy right away or store in the fridge (for up to a week) or freezer (for a couple of months).
Let us know in the comments section how you decide to enjoy these homemade M&Ms. Did you eat them by themselves, use them in a snack mix, share them with friends?
If you're in the mood to make more fall treats, may we suggest Pumpkin Spice Donuts, Raw Apple Pie Energy Bites, or Plant-Based Protein Snickers Bars? They are all equally delicious and will get you into that Fall mood you may be struggling to feel this year.
Wedderspoon Manuka Honey is pantry staple, so make sure you don't run out! Stock up on your favorites.
Shopping in Canada? Your favorite Wedderspoon products, including the Manuka Honey used in this recipe, are available in our Canadian online store.